Every month I create a photo challenge for #MiddlePlaces. I really love the idea of Instagram (you can find me here) Â and photo challenges because I wonder if I’ve taken enough pictures to create memories for later on, but often the execution of them falls short for me. Or I end up with a whole month of cat pictures. Because my cats are gorgeous and they seem to be attracted to luscious lighting.
I’ve just finished getting the photo challenge set up for August, but before I give you that, I thought I’d do a quick recap of July.
- The kids were gone half the month.
- My husband and I took a quick jaunt to Chattanooga-great city, by the way-and considered it a late anniversary celebration. 18 years, baby!
- I finally got to soak in the sun.
- I ate some amazing ice cream at a parlor called Clumpy’s. Unfortunate name, amazing ice cream.
- I built three blogs: True Vine Gifts, Middle Places and this here little corner of the interwebs. All three turned out gorgeous so YAY me.
- I had a big score at the local bargain hunt and got almost all of the office/school supplies we’ll need for the next year for $20. Plus probably some other stuff we didn’t need. But that’s neither here nor there.
- Things grew in my garden. It’s still not as productive as I’d hoped, but it’s better than it was last year.
- I bought a planner. And-shock of all shocks-I’m USING it, people. This is momentous.
- My cats found luscious lighting. And they are beautiful. But that’s no surprise.
The July photo challenge was a little bit hard if you weren’t road tripping, but I’ve made sure August will work even if you’re agoraphobic. Everything in the photo challenge can be found and/or seen from inside the four walls of your home.
Grab the wallpaper for your phone to keep a daily reminder and click here for a list of hints.
Also, you should check out one of my favorite hashtags…#illustratedfaith on Instagram. If you think you’d like to get in on the action you can click the bar below for a great deal on a journaling bible. I LOVE mine.