Boy this blog has been quiet. But it’s not forgotten.
First, the Friday 5:
- What I’m listening to: I just got the opportunity to review Nicole Nordeman’s newest release, “The Unmaking” and color me impressed. It’s been on repeat in my car all week and may rival my previous favorite of hers, “Brave.” I’ve been a fan of hers for many years and this is exactly everything I would have hoped for from Nicole. The lyrics were insightful and thought provoking and achingly beautiful. The sound captured her unique and classic style providing a sense of nostalgia for me, while still coming in on trend enough that my 15 year old girl said they had been showing up in her Pandora feed and she really liked them. Spanning generations is considered a high honor by the few musicians that I’m privileged to be friends with in real life. It’s available in stores and online, so check it out! Also…scroll to the bottom for details on how you can win your own “The Unmaking” CD.
- What I’m playing: Yeah. I play games on my phone. What’s it to ya? I know it’s childish, but sometimes a girl just needs to turn her brain off and veg for a minute. So right now I’m hooked on Threes! I’m not very good at it, but it requires just enough thinking to get my brain distracted from all the things that try to keep me awake at night.
- What I’m reading: Several things, actually. But my favorite is Jen Hatmaker’s For the Love. She manages to teach some powerful lessons and be so much fun at the same time. I’m anxiously waiting on Sarah Bessey’s new release Out of Sorts to be released in November, and the next book on my “To Buy” list is Lorilee Craker’s Anne of Green Gables,” My Daughter, and Me: What My Favorite Book Taught Me about Grace, Belonging, and the Orphan in Us All.
- What I’m writing: My writing brain has been in a funk. But I think I woke it back up today. Except for I had to go fix all the places that I talked about the Roll of Mentoring, rather than the Role of Mentoring. Y’all…what in the world? My brain is punking out on me. But you can read what I wrote at Middle Places by clicking here: These Hands Don’t Lie in which I talk about mentoring and friendships and getting old. Also, I’m gearing up for 31 Days of Blogging in October. My topic is: Creating a Social Media Presence from Scratch and it will cover all kinds of social media tips and strategies, graphic designing for beginners, apps to save you time and help you beat the learning curve and more. At the end of the 31 Days it will be turned into a resource available to all of my subscribers.
- What I’m working on: Y’all…this is why my writing has been almost non-existent. I have gotten so busy with design work. Hooray! I just finished up a real estate website, I’m working with a wedding planner on her website to roll it out in stages and I’ve already got two more sites on deck to begin working on in the next couple of weeks. Plus there have been some graphic design jobs sprinkled in with that as well! I’ve found the sweet spot!
Now for the giveaway…
First I have to tell you this disclosure from FlyBy Promotions:
“Disclosure (in accordance with the FTC’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising”): Many thanks to Propeller Consulting, LLC for providing this prize for the giveaway. Choice of winners and opinions are 100% my own and NOT influenced by monetary compensation. I did receive a sample of the product in exchange for this review and post.
Only one entrant per mailing address, per giveaway. If you have won a prize from our sponsor Propeller / FlyBy Promotions in the last 30 days, you are not eligible to win. Or if you have won the same prize on another blog, you are not eligible to win it again. Winner is subject to eligibility verification.”
How to enter:
- Comment below for 1 entry. Tell me what you’re up to, what you like to listen to, what you’re reading…Anything goes!
- Tweet this for a second entry:
[Tweet “Enter to win a copy of #theUnmaking by @nicholenordeman! #giveaway”]
A random winner will be chosen sometime on Tuesday, September 8th.