PicMonkey is one of my absolute FAVORITE free blog tools! As I started dabbling with graphics Picmonkey’s simple tools and free interface were a great way to get my feet wet.
[clickToTweet tweet=”Tips & Tricks roundup…Creating blog graphics with Picmonkey is a snap! ” quote=”Tips & Tricks roundup…Creating blog graphics with Picmonkey is a snap! “]
There’s no way I can give you everything you need to make the most of Picmonkey in one post! So instead, here’s a roundup. A few of these are from my blog, but many come from other blogs, including the Picmonkey’s blog. After all, who better to tell you how to use Picmonkey than the people who created it?!
While PicMonkey is definitely NOT the same caliber as PhotoShop or Illustrator, it’s a great web app for the average blogger and will provide pretty much everything you need. And it’s free. You can pay a monthly fee of $4.99 to get rid of the ads and add some extra fonts and graphics, but it’s not necessary.
Â Picmonkey Starter Guides:
- (APLM) Turning A Good Photo Into A Great Photo
- Understanding Picmonkey Basics
- Beginner Photo Editing with Picmonkey
- All the Picmonkey Tutorials
- How to create a Picmonkey collage (Great for Pinning!)
Watermarking Your Photos:
- (APLM) How to Add a Watermark
- Use Picmonkey to create your own transparent, pasteable watermark
- How to create a transparent, custom watermark in Picmonkey
Creating Masks & Using Overlays:
- (APLM) Get Your Mask OnÂ (to make your text show up!)
- Text Masking…This one’s cool, y’all!
- Using Overlays (aka…all the fun graphics like arrows, hearts and more!)
Â Fun Stuff:
- How to create a color palette with Picmonkey
- How to create chalkboard printables
- How to make recipe cards
- How to make your photos look “Vintage” with Picmonkey
Make a great Pinterest optimized graphic for your next blog post! If you’re using another photo editor that’s fine. But if you’ve been looking for a simple way to edit photos, I highly recommend Picmonkey.